TSO (The Stationery Office) respects the privacy of every individual whose personal information we handle in the course of our business operations.
TSO is a member of the Williams Lea Group and is the operator of the TSO Shop. When we refer to "WL" throughout this notice, we mean Williams Lea Group.
TSO is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under registration number Z717712X.
This Privacy Notice applies to the information we collect on www.tso.co.uk. If you purchase any items from the TSO Shop the privacy notice displayed on the TSO Shop will apply to any information collected.
This notice details:
- what information TSO collects about you when you use our site,
- why we need to collect that information,
- how we collect that information,
- what we do with that information,
- who and how we share any such information
It also explains the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can exercise your rights under the Data protection Legislation such as your right of access and right to update your information.
From time to time we may update this notice to keep it up to date with changing privacy and data protection laws, we recommend that you re-visit our privacy notice from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. Should any amendments impact on how we process your personal data we will take reasonable steps to inform you.
Our Data Protection Officer
Our Global Data Protection Officer who is responsible for all WL legal entities can be contacted by email at email@example.com or in writing at:
Williams Lea Data Protection Officer
PO Box 29
How we collect and process your personal information
We collect and process differing types of Personal Data depending on how you interact with TSO.
When you interact with our Website
We collect information from you if you subscribe to any materials through the TSO site. Information we collect may include your name, email address, telephone number and Preferences information such as notifications and marketing preferences.
We will use the information we collect about you to contact you able the Products and Services we provide or to respond to your specific enquiry.
When you apply for a job on our Websites
If you apply for a job with TSO via our Website, we will collect the information about you that you choose to give us through the recruitment process including your name, job title, email address, telephone number and recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process). We may also collect data about you from any employment agencies or background check providers that we use to support us during the recruitment process.
We will use the information that we collect about you to:
- assess your suitability for the role applied for.
- carry out required checks to ensure your eligibility.
- enter into an employment or other contract with you and fulfil our obligations and assert our rights thereunder.
When you contact us
If you contact us by telephone, email, post, through social media or using another function offered by our Websites, e.g. live chat or inputting information to an enquiry form on our Website, we will collect any information about you that you choose to give us.
We will use this information to review, investigate and respond to any comment or question that you may raise.
Information we collect automatically from you
When you visit our website we automatically collect information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, software configuration, aggregate use information, geographical location data, operating system and your permission for us to place non-essential cookies on your device . We will not usually be able to individually identify you from this information.
When you purchase goods on TSO Shop
Whne you purchase goods on the TSO Shop we collect additional information in order to fulfil your Order. More detailed information on how information gathered through the TSO Shop is used can be found in the TSO Shop Privacy Notice.
Our legal basis for using your personal information
If you interact with the TSO site and provide us with personal information for marketing Purposes our lawful basis for processing will be your consent.
In all other circumstances, including where you contact us, our legal basis for processing personal information is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in conducting our business and meeting the requirements of our current and prospective customers.
How we may share your personal information
We may disclose the personal information we hold about you to:
- our group companies and affiliates.
- banks and other financial institutions.
- third party companies in the event that we are involved in a corporate transaction such as an actual or potential merger, joint venture, consolidation or asset sale.
- our professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants, auditors, financial service providers and other professionals.
- our service providers as processors on our behalf, including IT hosting companies: We may engage other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending out postal mail and e-mail, analysing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer services. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for any other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- for the protection of our business and others: We release information where we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our agreements withour customers or suppliers; or protect the rights, property or safety of our users for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- regulatory authorities, as required by any such authority, including tax authorities.
- if we were to expand, reduce or sell the TSO business. If this happens, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
- law enforcement agencies, courts and other relevant tribunals.
How secure is your information?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
International transfers of personal information
We process your personal information using data centres located inside the European Union and, in some cases, using data centres located outside the European Union and, in some cases, using data centres located outside the European Union. Where we transfer personal information to our group companies or other third parties outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that those transfers take place in accordance with the applicable data protection laws designed to ensure the privacy of your personal data, including by entering into data transfer agreements with recipients. If you would like more information about how your personal information may be transferred, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of personal information
The period for which we will retain personal information will vary depending on the purposes that it was collected for, as well as the requirements of any applicable law or regulation. We will always seek to remove personal information that we no longer need to conduct our business operations.
You may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we collect about you. These may include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in machine readable format. Not all of these rights will be applicable in every case; for example, where we are obliged to maintain records to meet a legal or regulatory requirement we would be unable to delete your information.
Email email@example.com and we will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable time frame and notify you of the action we have taken.
You also have the right to complain about the use your personal information to local supervisory authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113. Or go online to https://www.ico.org.uk/concerns
Or you can write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office,
Before you take your complaint to the relevant Supervisory authority, we would welcome the opportunity to resolve any issues with you directly. Please direct any complaints that you have to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Unsubscribe from Marketing Communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, or by sending us an email us at email@example.com.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our Websites may contain links to other websites. These are not covered by this Privacy Notice. If you access other websites using the links provided, you do so at your own risk. The operators of these websites may collect and use your information in accordance with their privacy policies, which may differ from ours. Please check the relevant policies before you submit any personal information to any other websites.
Please note that more detailed privacy information is available on the TSO Shop Privacy notices and is applicable whenever you purchase goods from the TSO Shop.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Notice will be reviewed from time to time to take account of changes to our operations or practices and, further, to make sure it remains appropriate to any changes in law, technology and the business environment. Any personal information held will be governed by our most current Notice.
If you have any further questions regarding the data that Williams Lea collects, or how we use it, then please feel free to contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at:
Williams Lea Data Protection Officer
PO BOX 29