- Our solutions
- Our expertise
- About TSO
- Contact us
Digital Asset Management Solution
TSO develops Digital Asset Management Systems (DAMS) which enable centralised access to digital assets (such as images or video). One of the sectors we serve is Law Enforcement. The systems we develop for police forces significantly improve the way that they manage their digital assets, to save time, introduce efficiencies and reduce costs. This enables police forces to focus on meeting their targets for solving crime.
There are numerous benefits to be gained from using our DAMS to manage digital assets, including:
- Cost savings by avoiding the need for CD-ROMs and physical storage
- Quick take-up and use of the system across the organisation
- Better linkage between cases and unidentified suspects can help solve crimes across departments
- Security and protection of highly sensitive assets
- Quick identification and reporting on access to and use of images and videos via an automated audit trail
- Continual enhancement and development of the system as business, operational and technology needs evolve with the flexible system architecture
- Supports partnerships that reduce crime and disorder, allowing access to images by other forces and outside agencies such as the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- Fully compliant with the Data Protection Act (DPA) and Management of Police Information (MOPI) legislation, ensuring compliance in the use, storage and disposal of personal and sensitive information
- Shared access to evidence for the teams that need it
- Time savings in accessing the assets - no more waiting weeks to get hold of what is needed to investigate a crime
The solution includes a user-friendly upload procedure to easily transfer assets from capturing devices to the DAMS. This enables users right across the organisation to quickly start using the system. The quality and reliability of digital imagery is improved. Access to evidential assets is made faster and easier, saving precious time for officers.
High levels of security and compliance with legislative requirements, is a must especially as sensitive images are often involved. The high levels of security applied to the system ensure access rights are carefully controlled to only the people that need access. The audit trail offers added peace of mind.
Saving time and cost is essential
Time is saved on lengthy processing of disks and retrieval from physical storage areas, this saves the cost of physical storage, printing, and upkeep while reducing the risk of damage in transit. Housekeeping is improved with online access allowing easy management, and metadata cross referencing helps identify assets readily.
Good quality images and time saving processes across teams enables focus to remain on solving crime rather than processes and administration, to help meet challenging targets. As technology advances the system can flex and adapt to reflect those changes, evolving with the force over time.
Summary of core functionality:
- Single sign-on for users across the force
- Force-wide image capture
- Secure central storage of assets
- Secure upload process for transfer of images
- Access via Blackberry mobile phones
- Permission management system allows customisation of user access levels
- Automatic indexing for bulk uploads
- Intuitive metadata assignment tool, with the ability to set mandatory metadata requirements
- Force-wide advanced search and metadata querying functionality
- Automated creation of working copy renditions from the master image
- Security features such as; invisible watermarking that protects image use
- Audit system automatically captures and reports on asset access and use
- Efficient print ordering and management functionality
- Robust back-up and disaster recovery systems and processes
- Integration with other force systems
- Access for key stakeholders external to the force such as Crown Prosecution Service
- Scalable solution enabling continual development
- 24/7 helpdesk support service
Publishing & Digital Solutions
- Call: +44 (0)333 202 5070
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: @TSO Solutions
- Call: +44 (0)333 202 5070
- Email: email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @TSO Technology
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded for training and quality purposes.